Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Christmas Card

Happy Thursday!!

If you have been following my blog this week you know that today is the day that I am going to post the Christmas card that we will be sending out this year. When I was browsing thru the MOJO Monday 2014 Sketches I knew I wanted a sketch that wouldn't require a lot of tedious work (paper piercing, coloring, etc.) AND in order to make it F-L-A-T, I needed a sketch that wouldn't require embellishments. That my friends is how I picked out Sketch #345.

(click photo to enlarge)

The best part ... the only stamping I have to do is the sentiment. Everything else is either DIE CUT or cut with my SU! paper trimmer (now WHY did they retire that thing?!?  Best.Trimmer.Ever -- but that's okay because I have two spares, of which I am about to get one out because the cutting blade on my current one is quite d-u-l-l. -- GOSH! How was that for running down a totally irrelevant bunny trail? *SQUIRREL!!*).  <pauses to regroup>

I had a package of All is Calm DSP sitting on my desk so I did my mock up card using it. However, upon completion, my hubby informed me that he wasn't a fan of the non-traditional Christmas colors so I have since switched to last year's paper stack, Festival of Prints. The new colors I am using are are Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler and I have to say, I.Like.Them. 

Since I haven't had a chance to photograph the finished card(s) I will show you the mock up now and then post the final card(s) either Saturday, or more likely, next Monday so make sure to check back.

(click photo to enlarge)

That's all for I have for now. I must get the mass production assembly line going SOON!! *yikes*

Have a blessed day!
~Hallie
"But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is coneived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.'" Matthew 1:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment